Would you go to your neighbor for dental work? Maybe use your aunt to fix that plumbing issue? For the same reasons you shouldn’t use just anybody to provide professional services like these (unless your aunt is an expert plumber!), you shouldn’t go it alone, or use advice from a well-intentioned friend or family member, when buying or selling your home.
The Dream Connectors aren’t just agents, we’re REALTORS®. We’re members of the National Association of REALTORS® and we subscribe to its strict code of ethics. Here’s the difference when you use The Dream Connectors for your real estate needs:
- Ethical treatment. We always adhere to a strict code of ethics – based on professionalism and protection of the public and our clients. As a client of The Dream Connectors, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. Or first obligation is to you!
- Expert guidance. Buying a home or selling a home requires a substantial amount of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. We work with these documents everyday, so rest assured that we can help you prepare the best deal and avoid delays or costly mistakes. For buyers – we’ll make sure you’re set up for success! We’ll use our group of resources to make sure you start your house hunt with the means in hand to present serious offers, and to make sure the home of your dreams is as solid as can be.
- Expert information – expert opinions. We’ve lived in the Rowlett area our whole lives! We have an acute knowledge of local information on pricing, utilities, zoning, schools, and more. We can even narrow our focus to provide you with information on each individual property you’re interested in buying. By understanding both your needs and the area in which you wish to live, we can even show you neighborhoods you might not have known about or thought of!
- Widen your net. Looking for that hidden gem? We can even help you find properties that may not be actively advertised on home search sites! And to make sure your time isn’t wasted, we’ll help you avoid those properties that may be showing up as available, but actually aren’t on the market anymore. For sellers – we’ll make sure your property gets in front of as many qualified buyers as possible, and we’ll make sure your time isn’t wasted on showings for unqualified buyers.
- Negotiation is key. This may be one of the biggest dangers of buying or selling without using REALTOR®. So many variables factor into the negotiation of a real estate transaction, and we’ll look at every angle to ensure you’re best interest is kept at the forefront, including drawing up a purchase agreement that allows enough time for inspections and investigations of the property to be completed before you’re on the hook to complete the transaction.
- Decades of experience – up-to-date information. While most people buy and sell only a few homes in their lifetime, and usually there are quite a few years in between those transactions, The Dream Connectors help our clients buy and sell homes every day. Laws and regulations in our industry are constantly changing, but we stay up-to-date on the fine print to ensure the buying and selling processes proceed smoothly.
- We’re here for those emotional moments. Buying or selling a home can be intense. So many feelings go into each deal, and you need a professional on your side to ensure nothing is overlooked during this process. For most people, buying a home represents the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. The Dream Connectors will be there to make sure nothing slips by during the buying or selling process.
Your Realtor Will Expedite the Process
Your realtor is a client advocate, a market expert, and a negotiating beast all wrapped up into one. Because realtors usually work alone, they tend to wear many hats. They are sales people, but they are also marketing directors, social media managers, and data analysts all in one.
A rising number of potential home buyers are using realtors these days. About 88% of consumers purchase their home through a real estate agent or broker. This is a number that has steadily increased from 69% in 2001, according to the National Association of Realtors’ 2013 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.
Homeowners looking to sell rely on realtors to help them find the most qualified buyer, as well as navigate the entire process. The rules regarding sales are constantly changing, and it is your realtor’s job to stay on top of it and pass their knowledge on to you.
Realtors direct you to the best financing options for your situation, and they guide you towards making the best decisions in preparation for the purchasing or selling process.
For example, a homeowner who wants to list their home might be advised to take a home equity line of credit, or a HELOC, before doing it to make necessary repairs—because once the property is up for sale, a bank will not lend on that property. You might be advised not to buy a new vehicle before starting or closing on a purchase, because such a big ticket item would change your debt-to-income ratio and could possibly disqualify you for a home loan.
Your Realtor Has Great Resources To Offer You
Your realtor knows the best contractors and can easily refer them to you, whether you’re buying or selling a home. They are your link between all-things-real-estate and you, the amateur.
One of the realtor’s most important roles is as the unbiased voice of reason for you. Your realtor is the objective set of eyes in your transaction. They will help the seller see outside their personal connection to a house, and they will help the buyer stay calm and level when faced with a multiple-bid situation.
Your realtor will help save money as a buyer or help you make the most money as a seller. Because they deal with the home buying/selling process every day, they can warn you of potential dangers and impending changes.
For example, when Congress threatens to eliminate the mortgage-interest deduction, realtors are at the forefront of the rally fighting to voice their support and save the measure. They are the active link between housing policy and the consumer.
Realtors maintain a customer-focused approach. Showing properties and writing offers is just a portion of what all happens during a realtor’s day. No two days are alike…as a matter of fact, no two transactions are alike either.
Your realtor is the only constant during the real estate transaction. So we ask you, can you really afford not to have that experience on your side?
If you’re considering a move to Dallas, or are relocating for work, there’s no better home and community resource than The Dream Connectors. Together, Sylvia Seabolt and her mother Gale have decades of experience in the Southeast Dallas real estate market. Sylvia was the 2013 Texas Chapter of Women’s Council of REALTORS® President, and is currently serving on the National Executive Committee for Women’s Council of REALTORS®. A resident of Rowlett, Sylvia loves spending time with her family on Lake Ray Hubbard. For expert advice on communities and schools in southeast Dallas, contact The Dream Connectors today at 972-226-1900 or email Sylvia directly for a quick response!